Every man should have at least one suit in his wardrobe, for the office or special occasion. It's a wardrobe essential.
I have pick the following tips on various websites, i hope they are going to be useful;
- Make sure it fits properly in the shoulders when you try it on. If it doesn't , the suit will never fit well despite what the salesman tells you.(nbcnews.com)
- Know what to wear with your suit, unless you are stylish confident dude, keep it simple, light colored shirt and a dark tie.(nbcnews.com)
- Choose dark colours, e.g black or dark navy, light colours make the body seem fuller, dark colours have the opposite effects, darker colours are slimming, they will do wonders to lighten the appearance of your frame, making you seem lighter on your feet.(askmen.com)
- The length of your sleeves, make sure your sleeve length is right on, otherwise you will look like you borrowed some one else's suit. If the sleeves cover your shirt cuff, it is too long, by Daniel Billett.
- For hot weather, buy yourself a cotton suit, they're indispensable in hot weather. Also dry clean your suit,in order to preserve the integrity of the fabric, (nbcnews.com)
- In picking for the right suit for your body, remember American style suit is best for larger bodies, and British suit are more flattering on average and athletic bodies.(askmen.com)
So the general fit of your suit. When it's all said and done, you should be able to stretch and bend easily in your suit, make sure that you have free movement of your arms, it's a test bring your arms out straight in front of you, and try sitting in a chair, and pretend you are working, you should always be comfortable .